Author Topic: CyberPowerPC hot deal  (Read 95 times)

Krafko

• View Profile
CyberPowerPC hot deal
« on: December 01, 2019, 10:40:38 AM »
In the Best 1,500 High-End Gaming PC DIY guide, you say that this PC is a hot deal: https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Supreme-i7-9700K-GeForce-SLC8260A2/dp/B07VFFCQ6L

In the questions and answers, however, it says that CyberPowerPC uses whatever components are available at that time. If I understand correctly, if they don't have a 2070 Super, they will just use a normal 2070? I want to buy it for Christmas, but I'm a bit skeptical about CyberPowerPC and about what I'm getting. Reviews also say that the airflow and fans are very troubling.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 10:45:03 AM by Krafko »

Secret

• View Profile
Re: CyberPowerPC hot deal
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2019, 10:45:07 AM »
No you would still get a 2070 super it might just be a partner model.

Krafko

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2019, 11:09:09 AM »
What about the fan / wrong fan / airflow issues?

Secret

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 06:44:27 PM »
I'm not sure but it looks like it only has a single rad for the cpu.  And it's been proven over and over that most of those solid front cases don't provide good airflow.  I'd always go with building my own but if you're not comfortable doing that than Cyberpower is a good alternative.  If I ever bought a prebuilt I would more than likely go with them, but I'd also know that when I got it I'd be going over everything anyway to double check it's all there and installed correctly.  I think the benefit of a prebuilt is you get a warranty for a year and depending on market prices you may get a better deal.

With prices the way they are you could piece one together yourself, the build's in this guide are top notch and Ari is great about helping with any questions.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 09:47:48 PM »
You guys are both correct - the CyberpowerPC is a hot deal based on the value of the component selection, but it's not a perfect build. It's not quite how I'd equip a DIY system, but it will get you going fast, and you can always upgrade it over time. The cooler is likely to be relatively cheap, and airflow is going to be only so-so, but the combination of parts is impossible to buy on your own for that price.

And yes, I'm sure CyberpowerPC just gets whatever is cheapest at any given time, but they won't drop down from a 2070 Super to a 2070.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 08:27:13 AM »
In the Best 1,500 High-End Gaming PC DIY guide, you say that this PC is a hot deal: https://www.amazon.com/CYBERPOWERPC-Supreme-i7-9700K-GeForce-SLC8260A2/dp/B07VFFCQ6L

In the questions and answers, however, it says that CyberPowerPC uses whatever components are available at that time. If I understand correctly, if they don't have a 2070 Super, they will just use a normal 2070? I want to buy it for Christmas, but I'm a bit skeptical about CyberPowerPC and about what I'm getting. Reviews also say that the airflow and fans are very troubling.

The CyberpowerPC is down to $1200 for Cyber Monday. Seriously, if you were even considering it, now is the time to buy. Even if you had to buy a new cooler and case for it, you'd end up way ahead of buying all the parts on your own!

Secret

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:56:27 PM »
Yea wow thats bonkers.  What a steal!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 08:58:30 PM »
Yea wow thats bonkers.  What a steal!

Yes it was, which is why it sold out mid-day!