Author Topic: Lower price Productivity/Content Creation PC?  (Read 163 times)

front243

• View Profile
Lower price Productivity/Content Creation PC?
« on: November 02, 2019, 01:12:20 PM »
You have a $1000 Productivity build. A $1750 Content Creation machine.

I am looking for something a bit less expensive. Perhaps a productivity machine along your $750 Budget gaming build at the same price.

I am doing hobby video editing. I am currently using your Budget Gaming PC, but I think I might be able to do better with other parts. (like I suspect Ryzen with its multiple cores is better suited for encoding).

I am suggesting a similar machine to the $1000/$1750 builds but at the $750 pricepoint of your budget gaming system.

The $500 office build is a bit less capable for what I am looking for I think.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Lower price Productivity/Content Creation PC?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2019, 12:31:18 AM »
You have a $1000 Productivity build. A $1750 Content Creation machine.

I am looking for something a bit less expensive. Perhaps a productivity machine along your $750 Budget gaming build at the same price.

I am doing hobby video editing. I am currently using your Budget Gaming PC, but I think I might be able to do better with other parts. (like I suspect Ryzen with its multiple cores is better suited for encoding).

I am suggesting a similar machine to the $1000/$1750 builds but at the $750 pricepoint of your budget gaming system.

The $500 office build is a bit less capable for what I am looking for I think.

I really like your idea. I've been repositioning the $750 Home Theater PC as a small office PC, but in all honesty, it comes at a premium price due to its tiny size. The $750 gaming PC would be better for content creation.

I'm going to retire the $1000 home theater pc next month, and I'll give serious thought to a new lower cost content creation system to replace it.

In the meantime, if you're actually looking to build something now, you should certainly start with a Ryzen 5 3600, which is a simply amazing CPU. In fact, my recommended build would basically be the $1000 Gaming/Productivity PC, but with the gaming-grade GPU stripped out and replaced with this MSI GT 1030. Price comes to $775.