Author Topic: Home Office Build- Question on Case Lighting  (Read 273 times)

Jonathan64

• View Profile
Home Office Build- Question on Case Lighting
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:25:21 AM »
Thank you very much for your guidance on parts! I just finished building the $500 Home office PC for August 2019. The system looks amazing and so far runs great. The boot time is amazing compared to my last desktop which was almost ten years old lol.

My only complaint is the power button LED which is quite bright and flashes when the computer is sleeping. This is a little annoying because my computer is right beside my bed. Is there any way to control this LED through the motherboard, or is the easiest solution just to uninstall the power button cable?

Again thank you very much for the content you provided on this website!

~Jonathan64

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Home Office Build- Question on Case Lighting
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 10:19:21 PM »
Thank you very much for your guidance on parts! I just finished building the $500 Home office PC for August 2019. The system looks amazing and so far runs great. The boot time is amazing compared to my last desktop which was almost ten years old lol.

My only complaint is the power button LED which is quite bright and flashes when the computer is sleeping. This is a little annoying because my computer is right beside my bed. Is there any way to control this LED through the motherboard, or is the easiest solution just to uninstall the power button cable?

Again thank you very much for the content you provided on this website!

~Jonathan64

Welcome to the TBG Forum, Jonathan64, and congrats on your new build. I'm glad to hear it's working so well! You can thank the PCIe solid-state drive for those fast boot times - it's really the greatest innovation in personal computing since PCs moved from floppy disks to hard drives!

As for that blinking light, there's a very simple solution. But unplugging the power button cable would disable your power button, meaning you wouldn't be able to turn on your PC! Luckily, the power button LED is actually separate. Among those very thin front panel cables that you attached to the lower-right corner of the motherboard, you'll find two separate connectors labeled Power LED+ and Power LED-. These are the ones you need to disconnect, and they are separate from the two-wire connector labeled "POWER SW", which must remain connected.

Let me know if that works!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Home Office Build- Question on Case Lighting
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 10:20:40 PM »
By the way, as long as you're here, you should sign up for the TBG Forum Prize Drawing! There's just 24 hours left to enter!