Author Topic: The TBG Forum Hits 1,000 Members!  (Read 2134 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The TBG Forum Hits 1,000 Members!
« on: July 27, 2019, 10:38:00 PM »
Hey all,

We're very excited to announce that after 5 years (!) in existence, the TBG Forum has finally hit 1,000 members!

It sure took a while, but we're pretty excited about it, so we figured we'd give away a few prizes. This is open only to Forum members, and will not be announced on the main site. In other words, active members will be the ones rewarded!

So here it goes - if you're in the 48 contiguous United States and you'd like to enter to win one of the great prizes below, just post in this thread by August 15, 2019 with your first and second prize choices. We'll select three winners by random number drawing, with the grand prize winner getting their first pick, the 1st place winner getting either the first or second picks depending on availability, and the 2nd place winner getting whatever's left!

Here are the specific prizes TBG will be giving away:

(1) AMD Athlon 220GE 3.4GHz AM4 dual-core processor with Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard

(2) Logitech G432 Wired 7.1 Headset

(3) Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Good luck to all!

8rmartin

• View Profile
Re: The TBG Forum Hits 1,000 Members!
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 07:25:51 AM »
Thanks a lot for your help in the Forum.

First choice: (2) Logitech G432 Wired 7.1 Headset
Second Choice: (1) AMD Athlon 220GE 3.4GHz AM4 dual-core processor with Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard

Thanks!

CAPTJOE

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2019, 01:46:48 PM »
Thanks a lot for your help in the Forum.

Second Choice: (1) AMD Athlon 220GE 3.4GHz AM4 dual-core processor with Gigabyte AB350-Gaming 3 Motherboard

Thanks! 8)

Secret

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2019, 05:26:51 PM »
As JLP would say, that's amazin!

1st would be mouse
2nd headset, like to compare it to the hyper x you recommended.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2019, 08:17:52 PM by Secret »

brandonlbrewer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:35:27 PM »
Thanks as always for your content and the opportunity to participate in the giveaway! From my first computer that I built almost exclusively using your 2,000 Premium PC Build Guide back in 2015 to the SFF one in the works now, you guys have been great.

Second Choice: (3) Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

opal2350

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 01:16:37 PM »
Thanks for the advice Ari
1st choice - Logitech G432 Wired 7.1 Headset
2nd choice -  Logitech G305 Lightspeed Wireless Gaming Mouse

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 04:00:02 PM »
Wow, everyone so far has picked the Logitech G432 Headset as their first choice. Looks like a lot of people are looking for an audio upgrade!

By the way, 10 more days to go, and so far, you have a 60% chance of winning something, LOL!

Urbanllama

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2019, 08:27:22 AM »
It's been great reading through the forum and keep up the great lists Ari!

1. Mouse
2. Processor/Mobo

bensrichards

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2019, 01:04:44 PM »
Congratulations on the milestone, Ari!  It's no exaggeration to say that TBG is 100% responsible for kindling my interest in building computers.  You've got a great site here.  I would also like to point out that, based on ther overall number of posts in the forum, it looks like Ari is responsible for roughly half of them, which means he's responding to pretty much everyone, all the time.  I think that deserves a round of applause from all your loyal readers.  That's serious commitment to the forum.  :D

Thanks for inviting me to take part in the give away.  I'm interested in:

1: processor/mobo combo
2: the mouse

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2019, 02:52:22 PM »
Congratulations on the milestone, Ari!  It's no exaggeration to say that TBG is 100% responsible for kindling my interest in building computers.  You've got a great site here.  I would also like to point out that, based on ther overall number of posts in the forum, it looks like Ari is responsible for roughly half of them, which means he's responding to pretty much everyone, all the time.  I think that deserves a round of applause from all your loyal readers.  That's serious commitment to the forum.  :D

Thanks for inviting me to take part in the give away.  I'm interested in:

1: processor/mobo combo
2: the mouse

Thanks for the kind words! Alas, that's not going to help your chances of winning a prize, LOL!

By the way, I was shocked that you had 39 posts and were still labeled as a "newbie". That stinks. If I were you, I'd complain to the forum moderator and get that changed!

Just kidding - I'll fix that for you and everyone else here. I hereby declare that you only need 10 posts to be a Jr. Member, 25 posts to be a Full Member, 50 posts to be a Sr. Member, and 100 posts to be a freakin' HERO member like me! Who says dictatorship can't be good?!?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 06:39:54 PM by Ari Altman »

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2019, 03:13:22 PM »
Hey Ari!  Thanks for letting me know about this.

I'd say my first choice would be the Logitech gaming mouse, the second choice would be the headset. 

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2019, 10:17:57 PM »
All right folks, the results are in. Drum roll please!!!

The Grand Prize Winner is Urbanllama, who wins the Logitech G305 Mouse!

The First Prize Winner is LongJon, who wins the Logitech G432 Headset!

And the Second Prize Winner is bensrichards, who wins the Athlon 220GE processor and B350 motherboard combo!

Congrats to the winners! I'm going to private message each of them, and they'll have 48 hours to claims their prize. If any winner doesn't respond, I'll select another winner at random to get their prize.