Author Topic: Workstation alternative  (Read 1039 times)

Ruff215

• View Profile
Workstation alternative
« on: June 07, 2019, 11:17:33 PM »
I am looking into building the $2000 mini itx gamer from the diy page. I am however wanting this as a workstation first and a gaming rig second. That in mind I would like to know if there is a Quadro card suited for autocad that would fit in the system or if the 2080 the build recommends would be passable?

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Workstation alternative
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2019, 08:40:54 AM »
I am looking into building the $2000 mini itx gamer from the diy page. I am however wanting this as a workstation first and a gaming rig second. That in mind I would like to know if there is a Quadro card suited for autocad that would fit in the system or if the 2080 the build recommends would be passable?

Welcome to the TBG Forum, Ruf215!

There are definitely some professional applications where you need a Quadro, but for Autocad specifically, you do not. The GeForce RTX 2080 will offer better performance per dollar in that application than a Quadro.

Ruff215

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2019, 10:09:14 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, with that confirmation I'll get on with building the rig as is. Gonna be my second build based off your site. Keep up the excellent work.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 08:26:03 AM »
Thanks for getting back to me, with that confirmation I'll get on with building the rig as is. Gonna be my second build based off your site. Keep up the excellent work.

Awesome to hear you're back for your second build. What was your first one?