Author Topic: 2nd build -Home PC - might need a little guidance. I have a windows 10 QUESTION  (Read 72 times)

Ballslammer

• View Profile
Ok, I'm just about to start my second build of the $500 home build PC. I already have all of the parts on order(2day shipping yay!). My question is can I use the windows OS DVD that i purchased for the last build and use the key or is it a "one-time thing"?  Also , somewhere I purchased a windows OFFICE (package of 5 downloads) and was hoping to install EXCEL. hope it will be compatible .

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Ok, I'm just about to start my second build of the $500 home build PC. I already have all of the parts on order(2day shipping yay!). My question is can I use the windows OS DVD that i purchased for the last build and use the key or is it a "one-time thing"?  Also , somewhere I purchased a windows OFFICE (package of 5 downloads) and was hoping to install EXCEL. hope it will be compatible .

Glad to hear you're onto your second build! You will need a second copy of windows 10, but your office license should work just fine installing on the second PC.

Interestingly, Microsoft is almost certain to move to a subscription model for windows 10 in the next year. It will likely end up more expensive for users of a single PC versus today's permanent license, but will be cheaper for owners of multiple PCs.