Author Topic: CES 2019  (Read 1708 times)

LongJon

• View Profile
Re: CES 2019
« Reply #45 on: January 23, 2019, 10:37:06 PM »
Saw some comments made by Samsung recently in an article where they stated all their new 8K TV's that are now available for pre-order currently are equipped with HDMI 2.0 boxes but that they are planning to update (hardware or firmware) them to 2.1 in the future. 

Does that sound accurate?  Does that mean through the one connect box?  I like that LG just came out and stated they are going the full HDMI 2.1 route and shut it down.  Really looking forward to seeing what Samsung announces in their event in March.  Hopefully they come out swinging with a solid upgrade to the Q9F because I'm either going to be getting a 2019 Q8 or Q9, or the equivalent of an LG OLED.  I'm eager to learn moreeee haha.

If that's how they do it, Samsung is going to be very far behind LG in terms of competitiveness. With that said, the 8K TVs are coming out before the 4K models, so it's possible the 4K models will have HDMI 2.1 built in. Be prepared, however, for all cutting-edge features going forward to roll out to 8K models first. These are going to be the premium models all manufacturers want to promote.

I know I hate it.  I was hoping 2019 would be all about 4K for one more year at least.  I mean, I knew with Samsung having already announced an 8K tv a few months ago that every manufacturer would have 8K models but I didn't think we'd get the onslaught that we got at CES.  I'm still holding out hope that Samsung's top of the line 4K tv will have almost all of the bells and whistles.  Tell me it will Ari!  lol. 

I wouldn't mind an 8K but the no content thing seems like  a wash right now.  I know it can upscale but I'd rather by a great 4K tv now and then 2-3 years from now when more 8k content is available,jump on that train then with an 8K (some what affordable) micro LED tv or something.  Who knows.