Author Topic: New PC Build - Thoughts and What Can I Keep From Current Build?  (Read 15089 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: New PC Build - Thoughts and What Can I Keep From Current Build?
« Reply #165 on: May 25, 2019, 08:29:50 PM »
Is there a way to change the default save location on Nvidia Shadowplay?  I record my gameplay clips but they are currently being saved to my 1TB NVMe 970 and I'd like for them to end up the 4TB 860.  I've tried myself but it won't let me change it.  Wondering if I'm missing something.

In GeForce Experience, click on In-Game Overlay, then click on Recordings, then change the directory for Videos to your 860 Evo drive.

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #166 on: May 26, 2019, 11:34:38 AM »
Is there a way to change the default save location on Nvidia Shadowplay?  I record my gameplay clips but they are currently being saved to my 1TB NVMe 970 and I'd like for them to end up the 4TB 860.  I've tried myself but it won't let me change it.  Wondering if I'm missing something.

In GeForce Experience, click on In-Game Overlay, then click on Recordings, then change the directory for Videos to your 860 Evo drive.

That's my problem.  I've went there before.  It'll let me change to where it saves it at to whatever folder or location as long as it's the C drive which is the 970 Pro.  It won't give me the option to change it to the other drive.  I'll do a video recording if necessary to show what I'm talking about. 

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: May 26, 2019, 01:02:24 PM »
Is your 4TB drive actually visible in windows? Like when you view "This PC"? I doubt this is an issue with shadowplay.

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #168 on: May 26, 2019, 06:03:47 PM »
Yes it's definitely visible when I go to this PC and all my video's/Pictures are stored on the 4TB.  It's just in ShadowPlay when I go to change where I want the video's to be saved to I can't see where it'll let me switch off the main C 1TB drive.  I can switch the location of where I want the video's to end up anywhere on the C drive but it won't let me choose another hard drive.  It's weird.

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #169 on: May 26, 2019, 06:54:42 PM »
Also I deleted and uninstalled AI Suite and MSI afterburner and I'm still getting freezes.  At critical moments in games too.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't freezed outside of games but it happens in games every 2-3 hours or so.  Need to figure out why.

Could it be motherboard needing an update in bios?

Ram at 3200 having an issue?

XMP preset for processor?

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: May 26, 2019, 09:31:01 PM »
Also I deleted and uninstalled AI Suite and MSI afterburner and I'm still getting freezes.  At critical moments in games too.  I'm pretty sure it hasn't freezed outside of games but it happens in games every 2-3 hours or so.  Need to figure out why.

That's a bummer. It could be that uninstalling AI Suite without resetting the clock speed left that clock speed in place, as it alters the BIOS. You should go in and reset to factory defaults.

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #171 on: May 27, 2019, 04:24:27 PM »

That's a bummer. It could be that uninstalling AI Suite without resetting the clock speed left that clock speed in place, as it alters the BIOS. You should go in and reset to factory defaults.

So i need to go into the Bios and reset everything to factory defaults?  Once that's done do you recommend me up the memory back to 3200 and keep using the XMP profile? 

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: May 27, 2019, 05:26:25 PM »

So i need to go into the Bios and reset everything to factory defaults?  Once that's done do you recommend me up the memory back to 3200 and keep using the XMP profile?

Reset BIOS to factory defaults (there's a selection for that), and then try your games like that. If the games run without crashing, enable XMP. It should work find unless your RAM is faulty (you said it didn't run at 3200 in your previous system).

Beyond that, overclocking is always going to take a lot of tinkering, so you just have to experiment. Of leave it at stock - it's a whole lot easier and plenty fast!

LongJon

• View Profile
« Reply #173 on: May 29, 2019, 03:28:16 PM »
There are people claiming it's the game.  It's an early access game on Steam and it isn't developed by professionals.  There was a recent anti-cheat update and people are claiming (not many) that they are experiencing it too.

I'm still skeptical it has anything to do with that because I never experienced it on my old build.  So idk.  I guess I'll just reset everything to factory defaults in the bio and see if that solves it.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: May 30, 2019, 07:39:13 AM »
If you didn't experience the crashes in your old build playing the same game, it's probably your PC. That CPU overclock is most likely to blame. I'd suggest leaving everything at stock for a while. Any crashes you experience then will be from the software you're using.

By the way, in part because you asked about it, I requested a be quiet! Dark Base Pro 900 sample. You can check out my full review here. In short - you're better off with the case you have!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: June 05, 2019, 11:23:36 AM »
For what it's worth, the Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB just landed yesterday. Here it is for $500. A decent price, actually.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: June 13, 2019, 03:07:01 PM »
FYI, you might be interested in reading my review of Samsung's 2019 Q80R 65" 4K TV.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: July 25, 2019, 04:40:41 PM »
LongJon - check out my exclusive coverage of the latest developments in Samsung's TV tech for 2019!