Author Topic: Oct '18 $500 Home Office PC  (Read 211 times)

JJS

• View Profile
Oct '18 $500 Home Office PC
« on: October 23, 2018, 12:39:08 PM »
Great site, been following it for a couple of years off and on. Decided to replace my ageing home pc and build the $500 one. I decided to upgrade the video card to the recommended optional one (Asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC) My question is should I get it up and running with windows 10 and everything and then install the video card or just install the video card it right away while I'm building it? I don't mind taking my time and doing it the easiest way vs. if it's too complicated but can be done method. Its been about 10 years since I last built pc's so some of this is fairly new to me. Thanks in advance.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Oct '18 $500 Home Office PC
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2018, 12:47:06 PM »
Great site, been following it for a couple of years off and on. Decided to replace my ageing home pc and build the $500 one. I decided to upgrade the video card to the recommended optional one (Asus Cerberus GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 4GB OC) My question is should I get it up and running with windows 10 and everything and then install the video card or just install the video card it right away while I'm building it? I don't mind taking my time and doing it the easiest way vs. if it's too complicated but can be done method. Its been about 10 years since I last built pc's so some of this is fairly new to me. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the Forum, JJS, and congrats on finally taking the plunge on a new PC build!

This is a good question, and the answer really depends on your preferences. Since you haven't built a PC in a while, I'd install Windows without the GTX 1050 Ti in the system. That will make the build as simple as possible. Once you know everything's running, you can easily drop it in - it doesn't require any power cables, so it will be a very easy process. Just make sure that your monitor cable is moved from the motherboard over to the 1050 Ti's video output when it's installed.