Author Topic: The TBG $1,250 Quiet Gaming PC Build  (Read 29240 times)

tjkuhn

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,250 Quiet Gaming PC Build
« Reply #150 on: July 29, 2019, 01:48:52 PM »
I've been having some trouble getting the graphics card installed (physically). The brackets don't seem to want to clear the case. Is there any trick to this?

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: July 29, 2019, 02:26:31 PM »
I've been having some trouble getting the graphics card installed (physically). The brackets don't seem to want to clear the case. Is there any trick to this?

Thanks in advance.

-Tim

Did you remove the placeholder vents from the back of the chassis? That would definitely make it impossible to install the video card. If that's not the issue, then make sure the motherboard is properly seated so that it's in line with the back of the chassis, and also ensure that there's no warp in the back panel of the case that is pulling the mount away from the video card.

dpzook

• View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 09, 2019, 10:09:49 AM »
The PSU does not have the extra 12V, 4 pin ATX connector for the motherboard. Can anyone speak to this? Iíve seen some say itís completely unnecessary and others say it helps stabilize, and is necessary.

I donít know one way or the other, and wouldnít know which PSU I would pick that would have one.

Thanks!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 09, 2019, 10:13:34 AM »
The PSU does not have the extra 12V, 4 pin ATX connector for the motherboard. Can anyone speak to this? Iíve seen some say itís completely unnecessary and others say it helps stabilize, and is necessary.

I donít know one way or the other, and wouldnít know which PSU I would pick that would have one.

Thanks!

Welcome to the TBG Forum, dpzook, and thanks for submitting this great question!

The industry is in the process of switching over from one motherboard EPS (CPU) power connector to two. This has happened before, with video cards, but luckily when it comes to motherboards, the second plug is not necessary. It provides extra power for ultra-high-end processors (8-core and 12-core models), but even then, isn't required for out-of-the-box use. You will have no trouble booting a Ryzen 5 3600 with just the single 8-pin EPS connector (actually dual 4-pins, technically). The 3600 uses less power than any AMD Ryzen CPU currently on the market.

dpzook

• View Profile
« Reply #154 on: Today at 04:24:27 PM »
Just saw this^

Thank you Ari, that is very helpful!

If I replaced the 2060 super with an NVIDIA 2070 super, would there be any problems, or other specifics I would have to upgrade? Sorry my first time building so I donít know too much.

Best,
Dpzook

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: Today at 04:28:12 PM »
Just saw this^

Thank you Ari, that is very helpful!

If I replaced the 2060 super with an NVIDIA 2070 super, would there be any problems, or other specifics I would have to upgrade? Sorry my first time building so I donít know too much.

Best,
Dpzook

You will absolutely fine with a 2070 Super, it's a great card if you can get your hands on one!

dpzook

• View Profile
« Reply #156 on: Today at 05:11:39 PM »
Friend had an NVIDIA 2070 super heíll sell to me for same price as 2060 super so I was curious. Thank you very much for your help!