Author Topic: The TBG $1,250 Quiet Gaming PC Build  (Read 20534 times)

FarRock

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,250 Quiet Gaming PC Build
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2019, 05:27:30 PM »
Soooo, apparently I forgot to order the graphics card.

Does this one work? It's $10 more than the one you posted but ships a day earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphic-GV-N2060GAMING-OC-6GD/dp/B07MHSMY8P/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_3?keywords=Gigabyte+GeForce+RTX+2060+Windforce+OC+6G&qid=1550366674&s=gateway&sr=8-3-fkmrnull
« Last Edit: February 16, 2019, 05:33:53 PM by Ari Altman »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 16, 2019, 05:38:05 PM »
Soooo, apparently I forgot to order the graphics card.

Does this one work? It's $10 more than the one you posted but ships a day earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/Gigabyte-GeForce-Graphic-GV-N2060GAMING-OC-6GD/dp/B07MHSMY8P/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_3?keywords=Gigabyte+GeForce+RTX+2060+Windforce+OC+6G&qid=1550366674&s=gateway&sr=8-3-fkmrnull

The good news is that you can actually build up the entire system without a video card, as it has built-in video. So you can get everything running if you'd like.

And yes, you can use that triple-fan Gigabyte RTX 2060. The 2060 doesn't really need that much cooling, but it looks nice, and also adds RGB lighting over the dual-fan RTX 2060 we previously discussed.

Cdog

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2019, 08:07:55 AM »
Hey guys,
First off thank you so much for putting all this information out and helping the newbies (like me) figure out how to build their own PC. My friend did this build last month and absolutely loves it. Im a broke college student living in Canada and this build hits my $1800 CAD budget perfectly. My only issue with this build is that i'm not terribly worried about having a quiet PC. The PC i have now is pretty outdated and when running Apex sounds like i'm starting a fighter jet engine. I always game with a headset on so i never hear it anyways (also have my mic sensitivity turned up so no one online can either).
My question to you is: are there any quiet parts you'd recommend swapping out for higher performance parts? of course they'd have to fit into the same budget though.

Thanks!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2019, 08:36:30 AM »
Hey guys,
First off thank you so much for putting all this information out and helping the newbies (like me) figure out how to build their own PC. My friend did this build last month and absolutely loves it. Im a broke college student living in Canada and this build hits my $1800 CAD budget perfectly. My only issue with this build is that i'm not terribly worried about having a quiet PC. The PC i have now is pretty outdated and when running Apex sounds like i'm starting a fighter jet engine. I always game with a headset on so i never hear it anyways (also have my mic sensitivity turned up so no one online can either).
My question to you is: are there any quiet parts you'd recommend swapping out for higher performance parts? of course they'd have to fit into the same budget though.

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum, Cdog! Glad to hear your friend is loving his US$1,250 build!

It sounds like you want to go with this build but optimize for performance rather than noise. If you wanted to stick to the current cost of the build, there are two thing I could recommend doing:

(1) First is swapping out the silent case for one with more airflow, like the excellent Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, which costs about CAD$10 more than the P400S listed in the guide. It will allow the graphics card to run cooler, and therefore boost to higher levels.

(2) To push your CPU to maximum boost, you could go with a liquid cooler, such as the excellent Corsair Hydro H60 120mm. It's again maybe CAD$10-$20 more than the air cooler listed in the guide (which currently seems to be in short supply on Amazon Canada, unfortunately). The H60 will be louder, but it has tremendous cooling capacity, and the Ryzen processor will boost higher automatically with better cooling.

Hope that helps - the combo of the Enthoo Pro M case and the H60 cooler would work perfectly together and would look really cool!

Cdog

• View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 11, 2019, 12:08:19 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Welcome to the Forum, Cdog! Glad to hear your friend is loving his US$1,250 build!

It sounds like you want to go with this build but optimize for performance rather than noise. If you wanted to stick to the current cost of the build, there are two thing I could recommend doing:

(1) First is swapping out the silent case for one with more airflow, like the excellent Phanteks Enthoo Pro M, which costs about CAD$10 more than the P400S listed in the guide. It will allow the graphics card to run cooler, and therefore boost to higher levels.

(2) To push your CPU to maximum boost, you could go with a liquid cooler, such as the excellent Corsair Hydro H60 120mm. It's again maybe CAD$10-$20 more than the air cooler listed in the guide (which currently seems to be in short supply on Amazon Canada, unfortunately). The H60 will be louder, but it has tremendous cooling capacity, and the Ryzen processor will boost higher automatically with better cooling.

Hope that helps - the combo of the Enthoo Pro M case and the H60 cooler would work perfectly together and would look really cool!

Thanks a lot Ari!
That looks really good, i plan on ordering everything by the end of this week.
I did have one last question for you, i'm thinking about switching to an Intel i5 instead. I know with the current motherboard it wont be compatible but if i switched to the $1500's build for motherboard and i5 would everything else be compatible as well?
These here:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HRZHJ6Z/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thtebusgu06-20&creative=330641&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07HRZHJ6Z&linkId=40284f9724bb64038f0a8f40063dc3fe
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HHLX1R8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I know it pushes me a bit out of my price range but i think the switch to Intel would be worth it.
Let me know what you think,
Thanks!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 11, 2019, 12:25:50 PM »
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Thanks a lot Ari!
That looks really good, i plan on ordering everything by the end of this week.
I did have one last question for you, i'm thinking about switching to an Intel i5 instead. I know with the current motherboard it wont be compatible but if i switched to the $1500's build for motherboard and i5 would everything else be compatible as well?
These here:
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HRZHJ6Z/ref=as_li_qf_asin_il_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=thtebusgu06-20&creative=330641&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B07HRZHJ6Z&linkId=40284f9724bb64038f0a8f40063dc3fe
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07HHLX1R8/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&psc=1

I know it pushes me a bit out of my price range but i think the switch to Intel would be worth it.
Let me know what you think,
Thanks!

Hey again Cdog!

I was thinking about that switch to the 9600K for you, but had in mind the budget, and you do need to spend quite a bit more to get into the 9600K due to both the processor and motherboard costs. If you're OK with it, I do agree that the 9600K will give you better gaming performance. Note that this comes at the expense of overall CPU performance, which would be most noticeable in compression, encoding, conversion, as well as multi-tasking, which includes streaming while gaming. If you don't regularly do any of that, the 9600K is a good upgrade for a gaming-only build. You can just go with the Intel Core i5-9600K for CAD$402 and the Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X for CAD$234 at Amazon.ca, or if you prefer the Core i5-9600K for CAD$350 from Newegg.ca and the Z390 Gaming X for CAD$190 from Newegg.ca. Everything else can stay the same, including the high-airflow case and cooler options I mentioned previously.

As an FYI, using any of the links above to make your purchase helps support this Forum. Thanks!