Author Topic: TBG's Review of the Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) CPU Cooler  (Read 1086 times)

Jaeon

• View Profile
TBG's Review of the Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) CPU Cooler
« on: May 08, 2018, 07:37:30 PM »
I am considering this product. Thanks for your review. I don't think you are honest though. You write corners were cut by the manufacturer, idle noise is an issue and that ease of install is a con yet you go on to say it's " a great new addition".
« Last Edit: May 09, 2018, 11:25:38 AM by Ari Altman »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Corsair H60
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2018, 07:52:08 PM »
I am considering this product. Thanks for your review. I don't think you are honest though. You write corners were cut by the manufacturer, idle noise is an issue and that ease of install is a con yet you go on to say it's " a great new addition".

Which cooler are you referring to?

Jaeon

• View Profile

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TBG's Review of the Corsair Hydro H60 (2018) CPU Cooler
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2018, 11:24:41 AM »
OK got it, I put your question in a new forum thread, as the original thread was for a shootout.

I don't actually think there's anything inconsistent or dishonest in saying that corners were cut to hit a pricepoint and that this is a great new addition to the cooler market. It is not a high-end cooler. That makes it loud at idle. It uses a somewhat outdated cabling system, which makes it harder to install than competitors. But it's relatively quiet at load, and performs as well as the best air coolers on the market, for about $20 less. It also looks great. So, if you want maximum bang for the buck, the new Corsair H60 (2018) delivers it.