Author Topic: The TBG Peripherals Buyer's Guide  (Read 2873 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The TBG Peripherals Buyer's Guide
« on: July 22, 2014, 07:29:43 AM »
Looking for a mouse, keyboard, speaker set, or headset? You'll find all the best options in our Peripherals Buyer's Guide!

Take a look, and then feel free to discuss the picks in this thread!

Krafko

• View Profile
Re: The TBG Peripherals Buyer's Guide
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 09:54:21 AM »
Will you update the Audio Buyer's Guide and Peripheral's guied? Sure theres some better audio equipment from April to now..

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 10:57:58 AM »
Will you update the Audio Buyer's Guide and Peripheral's guied? Sure theres some better audio equipment from April to now..

Working on it. A bunch of new keyboards, mice, and headsets are coming in for review, and the guides may change based on how well they perform.

Abowman

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2017, 09:06:55 PM »
Have you thought about adding joysticks/racing wheels to the peripherals guide? Not sure how much of a market there is these days for such items but it would cool to know :)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2017, 10:01:48 PM »
Have you thought about adding joysticks/racing wheels to the peripherals guide? Not sure how much of a market there is these days for such items but it would cool to know :)

This is a really good question, and it's definitely something I've thought about. But alas, there's just not much of a market for these products. I could certainly add them to the TBG Peripherals Buyer's Guide (they wouldn't warrant a whole guide to themselves), but honestly, other than the Xbox One controller, I don't have experience with them. And that controller is already in the guide.

As it happens, I had a discussion with Logitech about the joystick and controller market at CES a few weeks ago. It was in the context of Logitech's recent acquisition of Saitek, one of the major names in PC controllers. Logitech stated that it long ago abandoned its own line of mid-range joysticks (which were once some of the most popular), as the market was just too small for these products (thanks in part to the rise of console-based games and console-style controllers). But Saitek lives on in the high-end PC simulator world, and here's a photo I snapped that shows off one of the most popular members of the current-gen Saitek product line, the Pro Flight X56 Rhino HOTAS:

If you have a serious interest in a high-end joystick for flight sims, you might want to check it out. Logitech also markets its own Logitech-branded racing wheel, the Driving Force G920, which is quite popular among racing sim enthusiasts.