Author Topic: SilverStone RVZ01, ML07, FTZ01  (Read 1471 times)

bensrichards

• View Profile
SilverStone RVZ01, ML07, FTZ01
« on: March 05, 2018, 06:45:22 PM »
Hey Ari, quick (I think) question: are the SilverStone RVZ01, ML07, and FTZ01 all basically the same case with different appearances? Do they all fit basically the same hardware in the same layout?

Thanks in advance!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: SilverStone RVZ01, ML07, FTZ01
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2018, 10:05:31 PM »
Hey Ari, quick (I think) question: are the SilverStone RVZ01, ML07, and FTZ01 all basically the same case with different appearances? Do they all fit basically the same hardware in the same layout?

Thanks in advance!

Yes, you have that right. The RVZ01 is the gamer version, the ML07 is the HTPC version, and the FTZ01 is the high-end aluminum version. They all have identical interiors.

Note that SilverStone also put out the "Evolution" version of the RVZ01 and FTZ01, called the RVZ01-E and FTZ01-E. These drop slim optical drive support in exchange for adding ATX power supply support, but in my opinion you really don't want to use an ATX PSU in them. It's just too crowded.

To add one more option to the list, you also have the RVZ03, the newest addition to the lineup. It uses the RVZ01-E chassis, but adds RGB lighting to the front.