Author Topic: Small ITX Case with DC PSU for Ryzen 5 2400G?  (Read 1307 times)

Rmat

• View Profile
Small ITX Case with DC PSU for Ryzen 5 2400G?
« on: February 19, 2018, 11:14:52 AM »
I am looking to build a home PC with Ryzen 5 2400G and I would like to use a very compact case with DC PSU.

Right now I think the best option would be the ANTEC ISK110 VESA-U3... Do you think this would be a good option or would you guys have another suggestion?

The build would be basically, Ryzen 5 2400G, M.2 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR4 and ITX MOBO. I do not intend to overclock and I believe the 90W woyld be OK since the CPU is 65W. The width of the case is 3.1, and I am not sure about the Stock Cooler dimensions.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Small ITX Case with DC PSU for Ryzen 5 2400G?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2018, 03:12:15 PM »
I am looking to build a home PC with Ryzen 5 2400G and I would like to use a very compact case with DC PSU.

Right now I think the best option would be the ANTEC ISK110 VESA-U3... Do you think this would be a good option or would you guys have another suggestion?

The build would be basically, Ryzen 5 2400G, M.2 256GB SSD, 8GB DDR4 and ITX MOBO. I do not intend to overclock and I believe the 90W woyld be OK since the CPU is 65W. The width of the case is 3.1, and I am not sure about the Stock Cooler dimensions.

Welcome to the TBG Forum, Rmat!

The Antec ISK110 is a very old case - it was recommended in The Tech Buyer's Guru ITX guides a long time ago, and you can see TBG's review here. STX has taken its place in the Intel world. That being said, with ITX being the smallest form factor for Ryzen, the ISK110 is still a good choice. You may not be able to use the AMD Wraith Stealth cooler, which at 54mm high is a bit bigger than the 50mm Intel cooler the Antec case was designed around. I'd recommend trying the stock cooler, however, and the worst case scenario is you can't attach the side panel until you pick up a smaller cooler!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2018, 04:48:47 PM by Ari Altman »

Rmat

• View Profile
Re: Small ITX Case with DC PSU for Ryzen 5 2400G?
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2018, 03:40:34 PM »
Thank you so much!

And Congratulations for the site, I do like very much Technology and Hardware and I do check your site every month. Great Site!