Author Topic: No Signal From Source Message  (Read 700 times)

DennisD

• View Profile
No Signal From Source Message
« on: December 17, 2017, 08:46:34 AM »
Hi Ari, I hope I selected the right topic area. In October 2016, I built the $1500 Gaming PC with your help, thank you again. I used it with a Samsung 50" TV for sim racing with no issues until two months ago when we sold our house and had to pack it away.  We are in a new house with Comcast internet only, Arris SB6183 Modem which is working great. I hooked up the HDMI cable from the PC to HDMI 2 on the TV but continue to get "No Signal from Source". I've tried different cables, different HDMI ports on the TV along with changing the source on the TV and changing the order in which the PC and TV are powered up.  Is there something I'm overlooking??  Dennis   

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: No Signal From Source Message
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2017, 04:46:59 PM »
Hi Ari, I hope I selected the right topic area. In October 2016, I built the $1500 Gaming PC with your help, thank you again. I used it with a Samsung 50" TV for sim racing with no issues until two months ago when we sold our house and had to pack it away.  We are in a new house with Comcast internet only, Arris SB6183 Modem which is working great. I hooked up the HDMI cable from the PC to HDMI 2 on the TV but continue to get "No Signal from Source". I've tried different cables, different HDMI ports on the TV along with changing the source on the TV and changing the order in which the PC and TV are powered up.  Is there something I'm overlooking??  Dennis

This could be an HDMI handshake issue, which would be solved by changing the order of turning things on as you did, but given that you moved, it's actually possible that something is physically disconnected inside the PC. Have you tried connecting it to a monitor of any sort (i.e., not a TV)? If you don't have one available, another thing you could try is removing the video card from the system and attempting to connect the TV to the motherboard's outputs. Back in October 2016, when you built your system, the $1,500 High-End Gaming PC used a Gigabyte GA-Z170X-Gaming motherboard, which has an HDMI port. If that works, then you know your video card either became unseated or was damaged in shipment (which is unfortunately possible due to the weight of high-end cards).

If it doesn't work, then something else may be loose, like a memory stick or a power supply plug. In short, the message "No Signal from Source" does not necessarily indicate that there's a video out problem, it simply means that the TV isn't getting a signal, which could happen for a multitude of reasons, including the PC not starting up correctly.

DennisD

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 12:37:40 PM »
Hi Ari,

Thank you once again. When I was checking all the connections inside, the video card did go into the socket a small amount.  After that, I fired it up and I'm good to go.  Thank you for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it!!

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!!

Dennis 

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 01:11:44 PM »
Hi Ari,

Thank you once again. When I was checking all the connections inside, the video card did go into the socket a small amount.  After that, I fired it up and I'm good to go.  Thank you for taking the time to help me, I really appreciate it!!

Thank you and Happy Holidays!!!

Dennis

Glad you figured it out and that nothing was broken.

Happy holidays to you as well!