Author Topic: Reeven Naia... Wherefore art thou?  (Read 1565 times)

Schleckbaum

• View Profile
Reeven Naia... Wherefore art thou?
« on: December 05, 2017, 09:09:01 AM »
After Ari's review of water coolers named Reeven Naia the overall best AIO water cooler, I've been on the lookout for one. Amazon (via the referral link) reports that there is no schedule for them to have it back in stock. What's more, this is not an Amazon-specific problem. A broader search reveals the same... none anywhere!

Any thoughts on why? Is there a "hot" new cryptocurrency that's being mined with water-coolers? (j/k) Perhaps they've rethought their pricing strategy and decided that the Naia was too aggressively priced for them to make a profit?

Any information would be helpful.

Weird, nerdy and unrelated fact of the day regarding the post subject line...
A common misconception is that wherefore means where; it is occasionally so used in retellings of Romeo and Juliet — often for comedic effect. In Romeo and Juliet, the meaning of “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” (Act 2, scene 2, line 33) is not “Where are you, Romeo?” but “Why are you Romeo?” (i.e. “Why did you have to be a Montague?”) https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wherefore
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 09:10:58 AM by Schleckbaum »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Reeven Naia... Wherefore art thou?
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2017, 09:16:05 AM »
After Ari's review of water coolers named Reeven Naia the overall best AIO water cooler, I've been on the lookout for one. Amazon (via the referral link) reports that there is no schedule for them to have it back in stock. What's more, this is not an Amazon-specific problem. A broader search reveals the same... none anywhere!

Any thoughts on why? Is there a "hot" new cryptocurrency that's being mined with water-coolers? (j/k) Perhaps they've rethought their pricing strategy and decided that the Naia was too aggressively priced for them to make a profit?

Any information would be helpful.

Weird, nerdy and unrelated fact of the day regarding the post subject line...
A common misconception is that wherefore means where; it is occasionally so used in retellings of Romeo and Juliet — often for comedic effect. In Romeo and Juliet, the meaning of “Wherefore art thou Romeo?” (Act 2, scene 2, line 33) is not “Where are you, Romeo?” but “Why are you Romeo?” (i.e. “Why did you have to be a Montague?”) https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/wherefore

Hey, very interesting insights into "wherefore are thou"!!!

Yes, I know the Naia 240 has slipped out of stock - in fact, one of the two samples that Amazon had was purchased by a TBG reader after that article went live. Alas, I think this is an early-stage teething issue for Reeven. I've mentioned multiple times to the Reeven rep that it really needs to get a better distribution system in place in the US. I found it particularly ironic that a number of other bigger tech sites went on to review the Naia 240 after TBG's review went live, and yet at that point the Naia 240 was no longer available anywhere in the US. That was a big goof-up - reviews on "current" products should not go live when the product cannot be purchased (hmmm, maybe Intel could learn a lesson here....)

Schleckbaum

• View Profile
Re: Reeven Naia... Wherefore art thou?
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2017, 09:23:53 AM »
Thanks for the quick response... I assumed as much.

However, I'm glad to hear it's just a supply issue, so we may see some flood back onto the market as soon as a factory shipment comes to the US.

Yeah, there are a TON of reviews out there. It's a shame for them to lose out on all that publicity by not having product available. DOH!