Author Topic: Black Friday PC Builds?  (Read 398 times)

Badmitten

• View Profile
Black Friday PC Builds?
« on: November 16, 2017, 10:18:12 AM »
I was curious if you guys will update your pc builds for Black Friday deals, or is it too much of a pain to make changes for such a short period of time? It'd be cool to know if, for the same price point, we could get more value for our money.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Black Friday PC Builds?
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2017, 11:45:14 AM »
I was curious if you guys will update your pc builds for Black Friday deals, or is it too much of a pain to make changes for such a short period of time? It'd be cool to know if, for the same price point, we could get more value for our money.

Very good question, Badmitten!

You should read our coverage of Black Friday 2016 to learn where you might save some money, and where you likely will not.

In short, the builds will not change much next week, although you may see prices drop on a few components (specifically SSDs, cases, and power supplies). You most definitely will not see discounts on any high-end video cards, nor on any of Intel's new CPUs, which are all marked up above MSRP at this point and will be for a while. AMD might run a few promotions on Ryzen CPUs, however, and peripherals will definitely go on sale, with Logitech and Corsair often running amazing promotions on mice and keyboards.

By the way, as long as you're here, enter our Holiday Prize Drawing - who knows, you might score something you were hoping to buy!

Badmitten

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2017, 02:14:17 PM »
Thanks for the response, Ari. I will check out last year's Black Friday post.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2017, 02:28:05 PM »
Thanks for the response, Ari. I will check out last year's Black Friday post.

Just an hour after I responded to you, Newegg released its Black Friday deals flyer, and it pretty much backs up what I said. Some SSDs, some cases, some power supplies, a number of Ryzen CPUs, and a whole lot of peripherals. Check it out in this post.

Badmitten

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2017, 03:02:02 PM »
I see what you mean. I guess I'll just wait until I can fork over the dough without crying.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2017, 04:33:58 PM »
I see what you mean. I guess I'll just wait until I can fork over the dough without crying.

Yeah, Black Friday is great for big items, like TVs or appliances, but it's not a game-changer when it comes to building a PC, since most components simply aren't discounted. For a specific accessory, like a new mouse or monitor, it can help a lot, though.