Author Topic: Maximus IX Code & Macho rev. b Final Follow-up (I hope!)  (Read 244 times)

Langrenus

Maximus IX Code & Macho rev. b Final Follow-up (I hope!)
« on: July 27, 2017, 09:53:05 PM »
It isnít the Maximus IX Code anymore, itís the ROG Strix Z270E Gaming, but I donít think that matters. I thought I would have solved this problem long ago, but it remains. I E-mailed (included below) Thermalright hoping for a solution, but received a somewhat cryptic (further below) answer. I have one final question, and then I wonít bother you again on this matter. Can I just relocate the fan to the back of the cooler? It looks like there should be plenty of clearance with the case exhaust fan, and they are blowing in the same direction. Sorry to bother you again with this, and thank you.
To Thermalright:
I am currently at work on a gaming computer build utilizing the ROG Strix Z270E Gaming motherboard. I have been set on purchasing the Thermalright Macho Revision-B with the TY-147 fan since I began considering the build. I do have a concern, however, since I may eventually utilize all four memory slots using Corsair Vengeance LPX memory modules. Can you please tell me if I will have sufficient clearance to use the specified RAM with the indicated motherboard? If not, can you recommend a comparable motherboard where the listed configuration would provide sufficient RAM clearance using the Thermalright Macho Revision-B CPU cooler? Thank you in advance for your assistance.
Thermalright reply:
Hi,
First slot will block on it by the fan, so I will suggest change the fan =S
Corsair ram is way too big.
I install Le Grand Macho RT with Avexir tall ram I got no problem with it.
I donít know why Corsair design have little problem with it =S
Thanks

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Maximus IX Code & Macho rev. b Final Follow-up (I hope!)
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2017, 07:07:35 AM »
Well, at least they responded.

Are you using LPX or LED? In a previous thread you said LED. LPX is much shorter and won't be a problem. And no, you can't put the fan on the back of the cooler.

Again, it would be helpful if you didn't start new threads for every followup question.