Author Topic: Wi-Fi Interrogative  (Read 311 times)

Langrenus

Wi-Fi Interrogative
« on: June 11, 2017, 08:59:12 AM »
UmmmÖ this is something I considered, but didnít consider, all at once. At the outset, I assumed that I would have to buy a wireless card. Later, for some unknown reason, I came under the impression that the Gigabyte Intel 2-Way ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-Z270XP-SLI LGA1151 had that item covered. Well, I went over the ManSpecs and there was no mention of it, only LAN support. Do I need to buy a wireless card? Thanks.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Wi-Fi Interrogative
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 10:11:53 AM »
UmmmÖ this is something I considered, but didnít consider, all at once. At the outset, I assumed that I would have to buy a wireless card. Later, for some unknown reason, I came under the impression that the Gigabyte Intel 2-Way ATX DDR4 Motherboard GA-Z270XP-SLI LGA1151 had that item covered. Well, I went over the ManSpecs and there was no mention of it, only LAN support. Do I need to buy a wireless card? Thanks.

You won't find an ATX motherboard under $200 with built-in WiFi. So yes, you'll need to buy a separate card. I recommend the $50 TP-Link Archer T6E, or if you want it integrated, go for the Asus Z270E motherboard at $200.

P.S. You should enter the prize drawing running on the site right now!
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 10:14:08 AM by Ari Altman »