Author Topic: The TBG $3,000 Elite Gaming PC Build Guide  (Read 4251 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The TBG $3,000 Elite Gaming PC Build Guide
« on: October 01, 2015, 01:19:22 PM »
Questions about TBG's $3,000 Elite Gaming PC Build Guide. Post them here!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 08:21:14 AM by Ari Altman »

le0

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $3,000 Elite Gaming PC Build Guide
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2016, 11:29:40 AM »
Hi TBG!

Just one quick question, would this build fit and function good in the case ''Parvum M1.0 - ATX'' ?
Thanks for answers!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2016, 01:15:50 PM »
Hi TBG!

Just one quick question, would this build fit and function good in the case ''Parvum M1.0 - ATX'' ?
Thanks for answers!

The Pavrum M1.0 can only fit 240mm coolers, not the Corsair 280mm cooler recommended for this build. You'll need to use the smaller H100i. If you like that form factor but want a more versatile and less expensive case, consider the Corsair Air 540 used in our $2,000 Build.

le0

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2016, 12:02:13 PM »
But if I choose the 240 version will it impact my performance much?  ???

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2016, 01:38:35 PM »
But if I choose the 240 version will it impact my performance much?  ???

No, it will not.

le0

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2016, 02:17:00 PM »
Then I will go with the 240 mm rad version. Thank you so much (again) TBG ! I will definitely recommend this site. :)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2016, 02:54:08 PM »
Then I will go with the 240 mm rad version. Thank you so much (again) TBG ! I will definitely recommend this site. :)

Thank you, please do, and feel free to report back on your build experience!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2017, 01:39:58 PM »
This build has just been updated with the new Intel Skylake-X platform!

orion

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2019, 10:27:46 PM »
I am looking to build this PC. However I noticed a few spots of inconsistency on the website. The first is that the case for this build randomly updated today to the wrong case, one which would be obviously too small. also I noticed that on the archived build list the March build is highly different than what is shown in the actual article. Lastly when I plugged the articles parts into PC part picker it popped up compatibility warnings about losing sata ports because of the m.2 slots.

I am afraid of spending 3000 and having it not work because the wrong parts were listedm especially since this will be the first PC ive built. Im planning on using it for gaming with a emphasis on frames and streaming which is why I decided to even go with a build this expensive.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2019, 10:47:13 PM »
I am looking to build this PC. However I noticed a few spots of inconsistency on the website. The first is that the case for this build randomly updated today to the wrong case, one which would be obviously too small. also I noticed that on the archived build list the March build is highly different than what is shown in the actual article. Lastly when I plugged the articles parts into PC part picker it popped up compatibility warnings about losing sata ports because of the m.2 slots.

I am afraid of spending 3000 and having it not work because the wrong parts were listedm especially since this will be the first PC ive built. Im planning on using it for gaming with a emphasis on frames and streaming which is why I decided to even go with a build this expensive.

Welcome to the Forum, orion!

That was in fact a database error you caught - thanks for bringing it to my attention. The link the proper case (the Corsair 500D) got overwritten a few days ago. It's now been fixed. As you probably noticed, TBG has a lot of builds, most of them updated on a weekly basis, and occasionally things slip through the cracks!

And yes, the builds do indeed change all the time, that is not a cause for concern. It's based on new product releases, pricing, and availability.

Finally, don't worry about the SATA issue. That's actually not a compatibility issue, that's how the motherboard works. It allocates data lanes to either the M.2 slots or the SATA ports, giving you flexibility to use the ones you need within the limits of the platform.

With all that said, if your goal is framerates and streaming, you can get similar performance with the $2,500 Extreme 4K Gaming PC Build. It doesn't have the same level of style or RGB effects, but the performance is the same.