Author Topic: Limited space PC build  (Read 228 times)

Jannicuss

• View Profile
Limited space PC build
« on: April 15, 2017, 01:02:30 AM »
Hey guys,

I am looking to build a PC, but I am very limited on space and on the ability to order different things from abroad, as I live in a third world country.

So I was going over the $1,500 Ultra-Compact Mini-ITX PC - April 2017 build and here are some of my questions:

1) If I am unable to order the Silverstone SG13 case, can I get the Cooler Master Elite 110 instead?

2) As space, where I will put my PC, is enclosed from all sides by wood (door opening from the front and 2 holes for wires in the back), will the fans be enough for cooling? Here are the MAXIMUM dimensions: H 50cm, W 30cm, L 40cm.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your replies.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Limited space PC build
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 08:11:02 AM »
Hey guys,

I am looking to build a PC, but I am very limited on space and on the ability to order different things from abroad, as I live in a third world country.

So I was going over the $1,500 Ultra-Compact Mini-ITX PC - April 2017 build and here are some of my questions:

1) If I am unable to order the Silverstone SG13 case, can I get the Cooler Master Elite 110 instead?

2) As space, where I will put my PC, is enclosed from all sides by wood (door opening from the front and 2 holes for wires in the back), will the fans be enough for cooling? Here are the MAXIMUM dimensions: H 50cm, W 30cm, L 40cm.

Thank you in advance and looking forward to your replies.

Welcome to the TBG Forum, Jannicuss!

You have a number of limitations for your build, including product availability, cooling, and space. The space is the least limiting, as you could fit much larger systems in a space 50cm high (19.7"), 30cm wide (11.8"), and 40cm deep (15.7"). The only dimension that will really restrict you much is the depth, particularly because you need to include space outside the case for cables coming out the rear.

I am concerned about your plan to put a PC in a totally enclosed cabinet. There is almost no way a high-performance PC will run well with zero airflow. It doesn't matter how many fans you put in a system if it's trapped inside a closed cabinet. It will overheat. You really should consider keeping the front door open to the cabinet, or removing the door entirely.

The Cooler Master Elite 110 is not exactly like the SilverStone SG13, so you cannot use the same components inside. In particular, it only fits very small video cards, and given you have a cabinet that can fit much larger PCs, there's no reason to use the Elite 110. The larger Elite 130 is actually too long for your cabinet, however, so you should really be looking at a mini-tower, not a mini-box, for your setup. You have a lot of height available, and not much depth.

Without knowing what brands of cases you have available to you, it's very difficult for me to recommend an alternative. If you have Corsair cases available to you, the Corsair Carbide Air 240 is what you should get. It is 397mm H x 260mm W x 320mm D. Another option is the Corsair 250D Mini ITX PC Case. It is 351mm H x 277mm W x 290mm D. Either of these cases will easily fit all the components listed in the $1,500 ITX Build, and can even use standard ATX power supplies if that's easier to find in your area.

If you can't find these, I suggest you look for other cases of a similar shape.