Author Topic: Full PC deal on Amazon  (Read 1382 times)

aenimalus

• View Profile
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 03:16:38 PM by Ari Altman »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Full PC deal on Amazon
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2016, 03:25:37 PM »
https://www.amazon.com/SkyTech-Gaming-Computer-i7-6700K-Processor/dp/B01J9YMVJA/ref=sr_1_26?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1479337216&sr=1-26-spons&keywords=titan+x+pascal&psc=1

It looks like a great deal to me.  Thoughts?

That is definitely an interesting deal. The thing to keep in mind about a lot of the pre-built PCs on Amazon is that they're being marketed by very small companies hoping large volume will make up for thin margins. So they're being aggressive with price, but quality is always a question.

Let me break down the costs of that system part by part:

Intel i7-6700K 4.0GHz Processor - $330
Asus Z170-A Motherboard - $145
2 TB 7200RPM Hard Drive - $70
240GB SSD - $65
16GB DDR4 - $80
Nvidia GTX 1080 8GB Video Card -  $650
Windows 10 Professional 64-bit - $130
Free Keyboard & Mouse - $20?
Special Liquid / Water Cooling - appears to be Thermaltake 120mm cooler, $70
Power by 80 Plus Certified 700 Watt Power Supply - likely generic, $50
Case - NZXT S340, $70

Total cost of components at retail is $1,680, the PC is selling for $1,750. That means it's a pretty good deal if you're not interested in building it yourself. But the parts selections are not ones I'd necessarily recommend, so while it might be a good deal based on what it comes with, you could do better by building your own system.

If you have a budget in mind and might be willing to build your own, I can help you pick components based on the published TBG PC Buyer's Guides.

aenimalus

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2016, 04:08:45 PM »
I just threw this up as an option to those that may not be all that comfortable.  I've got my build all planned out it's just a matter of purchasing.  I've pieced together wants and needs from your guides and my own research.  It will be around the 2000 dollar price point but can also reuse some of my existing hardware. 

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2016, 05:13:16 PM »
I just threw this up as an option to those that may not be all that comfortable.  I've got my build all planned out it's just a matter of purchasing.  I've pieced together wants and needs from your guides and my own research.  It will be around the 2000 dollar price point but can also reuse some of my existing hardware.

That deal was definitely worth posting. The one thing I really don't like about pre-builts is how small the SSDs are, but other than that, the deals can be very good.