Author Topic: The TBG $1,000 Gaming/Productivity PC Build  (Read 29360 times)

Daeny

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,000 Gaming/Productivity PC Build
« Reply #105 on: March 01, 2019, 04:54:49 AM »
Thanks for the information. Decided to just stick with the 1660 ti, and upgrade the SSD, 2060 was a little out of my budget.
Do you have any guides that you recommend for people new to pc building?

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,000 Gaming/Productivity PC Build
« Reply #106 on: March 01, 2019, 07:40:26 AM »
Thanks for the information. Decided to just stick with the 1660 ti, and upgrade the SSD, 2060 was a little out of my budget.
Do you have any guides that you recommend for people new to pc building?

Glad to help. Remember, you can always upgrade the video card in a few years, which is the benefit of building your own PC and knowing how it all goes together.

Speaking of building a PC, you can check out the following two guides on TBG for help:

(1) For a simple overview of all the parts of a basic PC, see the Guide to Assembling a Basic PC
(2) For a step-by-step guide to building a modern PC, see the Guide to Assembling a High-End PC, which reviews installation of parts like the M.2 SSD and the video card.
(3) And here is a specific guide to Installing a Ryzen CPU. The other two guides use Intel CPUs.

I'm actually in the process of filming a comprehensive YouTube video tutorial, but that won't be published for a few weeks. You might want to check the home page when you get all your parts in to see if it's up yet.