Author Topic: The TBG 2016 Prize Drawing!  (Read 8864 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The TBG 2016 Prize Drawing!
« on: January 20, 2016, 01:41:43 PM »
TBG's 2016 Prize Drawing is complete, and we have four winners!

Grand Prize: sccyms
First Place: Power_Window
Second Place: Cyan_Pile
Third Place: guzonjj

They have their choice of five great prizes:

(1) The Zotac Zbox BI320 ultra-compact PC
(2) The Intel Pentium G3258 Dual-Core Processor
(3) The EVGA TORQ X5 Optical Gaming Mouse
(4) The IOGEAR Wireless Multimedia Keyboard
(5) The SteelSeries Qck Gaming Mousepad

For more information about each prize, check out the descriptions on the main TBG website.

Rules and How to Enter
When: This prize drawing will begin January 20th, 2016 and end at midnight Pacific time on January 31st, 2016. No entries will be considered after that date.
Who: The drawing will be limited to readers in the 48 contiguous United States. Unfortunately, shipping costs make it prohibitively expensive for us to send products outside of this geographic area, and we apologize in advance to all of our readers in Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, the UK, and around the globe! Winners will need to provide an address in the contiguous United States to claim their prize.
How: If you meet the qualifications above, all you have to do to enter the drawing is to post a message to this thread answering these two questions:

(1) What do you like most about The Tech Buyer's Guru website?
(2) What do you think your next tech-related purchase will be?

If you're not yet a forum member, simply register to become one and we'll approve you right away so you can enter the drawing too!

Every entry will be assigned a number, and we'll use a random number generator to choose our four winners, to be announced in early February. We'll contact winners via the e-mail address provided upon forum registration, and we'll also post the names of winners in this thread.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 01:07:32 PM by Ari Altman »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The TBG 2016 Prize Drawing!
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 02:49:05 PM »
Here's a sample entry (don't worry, we won't be winning our own prizes!):

(1) What do you like most about The Tech Buyer's Guru website? - We love the opportunity to share ideas with tech enthusiasts!
(2) What do you think your next tech-related purchase will be? - a next-gen video card (too bad they won't be here in time to play Rise of the Tomb Raider!)

Amoretto123

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 08:26:44 AM »
1, I really like the gurus tip that you have underneath every part description. It has taught me many things and adds more depth to the guide

2 I am going to wait until the next gen graphics come out in most likely Q2 to build my new gaming pc and I will use your guides to build it :).
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 10:24:10 AM by Amoretto123 »

Day_late

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 05:45:36 PM »
I like the How-To Guides, and I'm most interested in the small form factor builds.

My next tech purchase is likely to be a second Roku while I dither about building a small form factor HTPC.

Thanks for a great site and for this drawing.

Regards,
Day_late

Craig

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:49:09 PM »
(1) You do an outstanding job of explaining why you use the hardware you choose for various builds which saves me tones of time.
(2) A new extreme gaming build, buying parts right now based upon your reviews.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2016, 08:08:45 PM by Craig »

Power_Window

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2016, 09:07:33 PM »
1.  I appreciate your in-depth look at the how to guides, specifically the small form factor ones.  I recently built my first PC (small form factor of course) and your guides gave me the knowledge I needed to build a solid performing and cost effective machine.

2.  My next tech purchase will most likely be a new case for my aforementioned PC.  I absolutely love building in small enclosures and the recently announced Fractal Define Nano S looks most intriguing.

Thank you again for all your help and keep up the good work!

skline00

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2016, 03:21:39 AM »
Your guides are sensible, well thought  out and reasonable.

My next tech purchase was just now, a Dell U3415W ultra wide.
5960x-4.4|AsusRE5|16g DDR4-2133|Gigby Aorus Ext GTX1080TI plus WB2|850 EVO 500gb Raid0|2Tb WD Blk|Win10-64|PC P&C 1200W|Thrmtk X9|Custom WC |Acer ET0 430k
Ryzen7-1800x-4.05|Asus CSR VI H|16g DDR4-3200|Zotac Gtx1080+EK blk|CrucM2-2282 400g|Win10-64|EVGA 850W|Thrmtk V51|Dell Dell U3451

86transam

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2016, 08:12:54 PM »
1.  I really like the blog, both its current form that discusses new tech issues and the previous form that listed hot deals.  I think a separate section for each topic would be great.

2.  My next purchase will be a new graphics card to replace my Radeon 5850. 

Cheese

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2016, 09:47:37 PM »
1. This website has saved me a lot of time lately. What I like most about it is the fact that you put a guru tip after every item in a PC build. Each tip contains a very useful tidbit of information.

2. My next Tech purchase will be an Intel i5 6500 for my first PC build.

Thanks.

sccyms

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 28, 2016, 10:10:35 AM »
(1) What do you like most about The Tech Buyer's Guru website? - I love the responsiveness of the community and the help in troubleshooting issues (with detailed, constructive responses) as they arise. 
(2) What do you think your next tech-related purchase will be? - a high end sound card (if it will fit next to my video card in my HTPC case!) so that I can get better sound with my movies.

Schleckbaum

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2016, 09:01:18 PM »
1. Love the regular updates to the builds. I so many other sites with recommended day builds post once a year and leave you wondering what you should buy today.

2. Buying me a graphics card for an ITX build, and dad nabbit.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2016, 10:04:38 PM »
Hey all,

As of Thursday the 28th, we have 9 entries for the four prizes in this drawing. If at least 20 people enter by the time the signup period ends on Sunday the 31st, TBG will be adding another prize to the mix.

So tell your friends to sign up, even if it decreases your odds of winning. It will make the world a happier place!  :D

u314739

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2016, 02:04:24 PM »
1.What I like most is the RAPID!!! OVERCLOCKED!!! RESPONSE times for TBG staff replies to not only my questions and pleas for help but also all other 100 questions on the forums. YOU GUYS ARE AWESOME.

2. I will by building my very first pc build based off of TBG's 2500 EXTREME GAMING PC build guide. I loved it from first sight.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 02:06:45 PM by u314739 »

thnickaman

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 29, 2016, 05:56:41 PM »
1. I love this new community, and I'm excited to see new guides and get some tips on builds I'm planning.
2. My next tech purchase will most likely be a mechanical keyboard to replace my (gaudy and aging) Razer Blackwidow. I'd like something a little more professional, but still affordable. Something I can bring to the office. Any suggestions?

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 29, 2016, 06:34:25 PM »
1. I love this new community, and I'm excited to see new guides and get some tips on builds I'm planning.
2. My next tech purchase will most likely be a mechanical keyboard to replace my (gaudy and aging) Razer Blackwidow. I'd like something a little more professional, but still affordable. Something I can bring to the office. Any suggestions?

TBG just published an article on mechanical keyboards! Ironically, we judged the Blackwidow the most professional looking. What don't you like about its looks?