As we have since 2016, The Tech Buyer's Guru journeyed to CES in Las Vegas, the biggest consumer electronics show in the world. We're putting together a lot of content, and actually attended for three days to give you more coverage than ever before. Read on to find out what we're reporting on!
Pepcom's Digital Experience! - Monday, January 8th
The night before the official kick-off of CES, Pepcom runs an invite-only event for media and manufacturers to hob-nob about the latest and greatest in tech. A number of these companies are also at CES, but some choose only to exhibit at Digital Experience due to the more targeted nature of the gathering. Here's are all the companies we spoke with:
- AeroVironment: showing off its next-generation electric vehicle charging solutions
- Bowers & Wilkins: the premier name in AV speakers will show off its latest innovations
- Canary: unveiling its newest smart security device
- Creative Labs: showcasing its newest AV speaker system, the Sonic Carrier, as well as Sound Blaster X gaming audio cards
- HP: showing off its reinvented PC portfolio
- Kwikset: showcasing a new version of its Kevo smart lock
- Linksys: showing off its latest innovations in wireless mesh, as well as new WiFi gaming products
- Logitech: demo-ing its new lineup of keyboards, mice, and speakers from its Logitech G, ASTRO Gaming, Jaybird, and Ultimate Ears brands
- Lutron: featuring several products that redefine smart lighting and shading
- Ring: showing off the newest additions to its line of home security devices
- Toshiba: lanuching its RC100 series of M.2 PCIe NVMe SSDs at cost-effective prices
- TP-Link: showcasing the laetst in mesh networking, routers, security cameras, and Smart Home accesories
- ViewSonic: debuting its newest curved gaming monitors and home theater projectors
- Western Digital: showing off the latest in consumer storage from WD and SanDisk
CES 2018 - Monday, January 8th through Wednesday, January 10th
And now we come to the main event - CES! Here are the companies that we'll be visiting while at CES:
- AMD: we have a special one-hour-long sit-down session with AMD's reps on Tuesday to talk about the latest developments in its Ryzen and Radeon lineups
- bequiet!: the German case and power supply manufacturer will have a number of new items on display, also off the main show circuit, so we made special arrangements to meet with them
- Cherry: we have a one-on-one meeting on Tuesday with this market-leading German manufacturer of keyboard switches and peripherals
- Corsair: we'll be attending both their press conference on Monday and a booth tour on Tuesday
- Dell: we'lll be attending Dell's big press conference that kicks off the show on Tuesday morning
- D-Link: we'll be meeting with reps on Tuesday to chat about the latest networking and Smart Home products
- HyperX: we'll be meeting with this leading manufacturer of gaming peripherals, memory, and storage products on Tuesday morning.
- Intel: yes, the big name in CPUs will be at the show this year, and we'll be dropping by their press room for updates on Coffee Lake and the innovative NUC line of micro PCs
- LG: on Wednesday at noon, the kind folks at LG will be taking us on a tour of its market-leading OLED TVs, as well as its awesome Gram laptops and high-end gaming monitors
- MSI: we'll be swinging through MSI's private booth on Tuesday morning to see its latest motherboard, video card, and laptop products
- Nissan: we'll be taking a test drive in the unreleased 2018 Leaf. If we can, we'll even publish a full review!
- Nvidia: while Nvidia doesn't schedule media appointments for its automobile-focused booth at CES, we'll be checking it out to see what the latest news is on 4K 120Hz G-Sync tech!
- Razer: this gaming peripheral manufacturer's booth is always swamped, but we'll be swinging by to catch a glimpse at its latest releases
- Roccat: we'll be meeting with Germany-based Roccat on Wednesday afternoon to check out its latest innovations in PC gaming peripherals
- Samsung: we'll be spending an entire hour with Samsung reps on Wednesday, including getting an exclusive tour through its private Innovation Room!
- SilverStone: we have a top-of-the-morning meeting on Wednesday with our good friends at SilverStone, the undisputed leader in small form factor PC design
- Somfy: we'll be meeting with this French-based manufacturer of Smart Home security products to see what its latest innovations are
- Sony: we're attending its Monday press conference (always one of the biggest events at CES), plus an informal booth tour on Wednesday
- Thermaltake: on Tuesday, we'll meet with one of the world's leading case and cooling manufacturers in the world
- Zotac: one of the premier manufacturers of compact PCs, and a leading Nvidia GeForce board partner
On the next two pages, you can see all of our YouTube video coverage in one place!