This is my budget build that I mainly use for college and gaming (more so now that I got this bad boy). I like the fact that I was able to build my own system ground up with the help of the Tech Buyer's Guru's. It was a great learning experience and my PC runs smoother and faster than any other computer I've owned. Very pleased and would highly recommend this system build for anyone on a budget or looking to get the most bang for the buck.
Built: March 2014; Upgraded: April 2014
- Processor: Intel Core i5-4670
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-B85M-HD3
- Video Card (upgrade): EVGA GeForce GTX 760 SC 2GB
- Memory (upgrade): 2x Crucial Ballistix Sport 4GB
- Solid-State Drive (upgrade): Samsung 840 Evo 250GB Upgrade Kit
- Hard Drive: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB
- Case: Rosewill Challenger
- Power Supply: Corsair CX500
- Optical Drive: LG 24x DVD Burner
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
Soon after building his system, Anuj upgraded to the GTX 760 video card, seen in the middle of this photo, and a second stick of 4GB Crucial RAM, bringing him up to 8GB and filling both available slots on his Gigabyte motherboard. Anuj also upgraded his build from a hard drive-only system to a dual-drive PC. He used Samsung's 840 Evo upgrade kit to allow the proper cloning of his existing boot drive to the SSD. If you look carefully, you can see the grey casing of the Samsung 840 Evo in the lowest hard drive mount of his Rosewill Challenger case. The original Western Digital hard drive remains in the top drive mount.
Note the extensive mesh venting provided by the Rosewill Challenger case to allow for good airflow, along with the included 120mm blue LED fan. Anuj has added a red LED top-mounted fan to further increase airflow.