Author Topic: TBG's Supreme Dream Machine PC Build  (Read 15490 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TBG's Supreme Dream Machine PC Build
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2016, 02:01:36 PM »
Hi, again!
Just a very quick question, should I opt for the MSI x99a godlike gaming carbon motherboard instead? it's about 122 usd more expensive here but I feel like I could buy that one instead if it considerably better. What do you think? ???

I really couldn't tell you if the MSI X99 Godlike Gaming Carbon is better than the Asus Rampage V Extreme. When you get into this range of motherboards, only two things differ: features and looks. The performance will be exactly the same.

If you like the features and looks of the MSI board, which is quite distinctive, go for it. Just realize that it will not make your system faster.

le0

• View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2016, 11:04:59 PM »
Yeah, I figured that and it was a  bit too pricy just for looks. I would've to wait just 8-9 days until it's in stock then pay 120 more usd than for the rampage. I have actually ordered all my components and will be building this bad boy in a week or so. I thank you for all the help and I will be recommending this website to all my friends. Wish me good luck with the pc! :D

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 11, 2016, 03:06:37 AM »
Yeah, I figured that and it was a  bit too pricy just for looks. I would've to wait just 8-9 days until it's in stock then pay 120 more usd than for the rampage. I have actually ordered all my components and will be building this bad boy in a week or so. I thank you for all the help and I will be recommending this website to all my friends. Wish me good luck with the pc! :D

Yes, absolutely, good luck!

Which video cards did you end up going with? Titans are becoming quite hard to find.

le0

• View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 11, 2016, 09:53:15 AM »
I ended up not buying a ''real'' card. Got a super  cheap r7 360 (my friend sold it for me since he was upgrading but it was almost new) from Asus as a placeholder before I buy Pascal/ polaris/ titan/ 980ti/ or anything else. So I won't be able to use the system in the way it was meant to be but it will still be functional so I can setup windows drivers and etc.  :)

Luccan

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 06, 2016, 04:59:29 AM »
 I know the 960 pro M.2 1tb is not out until Jan 2017. But why are you not putting in the 2 tb one. Which shows Jan 7th release??? Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6P2T0BW)Jan 7, 2017
by Samsung

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 06, 2016, 06:06:16 AM »
I know the 960 pro M.2 1tb is not out until Jan 2017. But why are you not putting in the 2 tb one. Which shows Jan 7th release??? Samsung 960 PRO Series - 2TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD (MZ-V6P2T0BW)Jan 7, 2017
by Samsung

Because it wasn't listed for sale when the build guide was published.  Thanks for finding it, though  - it will be added shortly.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2017, 11:03:36 AM »
For a great discussion of using the Supreme Dream Machine as the basis for the ultimate HTPC, see this thread.