I recently used the $1,250 guide to build. It is currently working with no issues, though i do have a few questions about some technical points that I may be missing.Parts Installed:
Intel Core I5-7600k
MSI Z270 PC Mate
EVGA GeForce GTX 1070
2x8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200 (Recommended upgrade)
Crucial MX300 525GB M.2
EVGA Supernova G3 550W
Arctic Freezer i32
Microsoft Windows 10 Flash Drive
The case that was used was on the guide but now I see it is not as of 3/18/17 (build put together around 3/1/17) and is the Silverstone RL06 found here: https://www.amazon.com/SilverStone-Technology-CS-RL06BR-PRO-Tower-intake/dp/B01N7VGKYD/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1489871592&sr=8-2&keywords=silverstone+rl06
The questions i have about this build is as followed:
1) I installed the M.2 SSD on the lower port, below the graphics card PCI port. I dont see any issues as of right now but is that the correct spot to place this drive?http://imgur.com/GI6ZiTt
2) The RL06 case that was recommended at one point in the guide came with the front fans connected to a multi header case mounted "thingie". It is mounted on the Power Supply access panel adjacent to the drive bay storage:http://imgur.com/37x5RWU
I have no clue what it is. The MSI Z270 is said to have "6 fan headers" I did have a cable that I believe is the 'Molex' Connector. It looks like a 4pin fan header connector with only 2 wires going to another special style connector.http://imgur.com/xt1TPjshttp://imgur.com/CTmDKQ1
Just stock I have 5 fans that need to be connected, (3 intake case fans, 1 exhaust case fase, 1 cpu fan).
I have to connect the intake fans here: http://imgur.com/gPfiQ7M
This case should be able to have top mounted fans as well (120 x2 , or 1 x 240) but I dont understand how to add additional fans at the top with the fan headers. I want to know:
1. What is that "thingie" called that the fans were connected to on the backside of the case and how do i connect them to the motherboard and have them work?
2) The front USB cables show they are 3.0 and 2.0 capablehttp://imgur.com/FB626dF
but they are spliced together in 1 connector on the motherboard. Am I still getting the 3.0 speed for having them placed here:http://imgur.com/zncZWWJ
3) I keep Having memory issues with a game I play, so I was thingking about filling up the memory slots.http://imgur.com/2PWzk9Y
With that Corsair Vengeance I wanted 2 more sticks 2x8GB Vengeance LPX DDR4-3200. The CPU cooler I32 seems like it must be mounted in that way for the direction of rotation to maintain pressure in case. How would I be able to check if I can fit 2 more sticks in there with this cooler installed?
4) With this specific build, The Turbo Boost capability over clockes the CPU to 4.2GHz and the Memory at 4Ghz with a Voltage max of 1.250 with a max temp of 56C Measured with CPUID HWMonitor. I was wondering if you had any stable overclocking suggestions that might be able to push this machine to 5.0GHz.
Thank you for the help and keep up with the awesome builds!!!!!