Author Topic: TBG's High-End Home Theater PC Buyer's Guide  (Read 932 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: TBG's High-End Home Theater PC Buyer's Guide
« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2017, 01:34:58 PM »
Hi Ari,
my MB and Ram are:
Gigabyte AB350 Gaming 3
2*8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3200 MHz

I used the xmp profile and the system booted into windows after trying to start 3-4 times. In ryzen Master i could see that the ram was at 3200 Mhz. Is it normal that the pc needs several tries to boot. I did not run any test if it was stable and disabled the xmp profile for now.

Is it better to set the values for the ram and overclocking directliy in the bios or ryzen master. I like the idia to run the system at stock and if i need mor power i can simply activate a profile in ryzen master without going into the Bios.

Yes, it's typical that the system would need to restart several times. I have that board and have tested it with various memory configurations. As I didn't have 3200MHz RAM to test with, only 3000MHz, the system ran at 2933, as 3000 is not available on Ryzen.

I would leave it alone - a CPU overclock can be adjusted once you're in Windows, the memory clock should not be altered while the system is being used.

wolf

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2017, 12:03:58 PM »
Hi Ari, just want to confirm that the ram is working fine at 3200 Mhz with the XMP Profile.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 06, 2017, 12:15:12 PM »
Hi Ari, just want to confirm that the ram is working fine at 3200 Mhz with the XMP Profile.

This is great to hear. AMD has really worked hard to push out updates to motherboard manufacturers in order to improve RAM compatibility. Running at 3200MHz on a Ryzen system is fantastic.