Author Topic: The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build (AMD Ryzen)  (Read 330 times)

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build (AMD Ryzen)
« on: April 18, 2017, 08:57:29 AM »
With the release of AMD's quad-core Ryzen chips, it's finally time for the Budget Gamer to move on from Intel, so a new thread has been created to discuss the ins and outs of building this AMD-based system. You can check out the previous Intel-based $750 Budget Gaming PC thread here.

jeffg

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build (AMD Ryzen)
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:58:59 PM »
Glad to see the Ryzen Budget Gaming Build! :-)

A newbie question: If I wanted to go with a micro-ATX board, what would you recommend? I was looking at the Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3 AM4  (currently $85 on Amazon US) It only has 2 RAM slots, but does support CrossFire. Not sure if that's the same as CrossFire VX that would allow 2 RX480's or 580's.

Thanks

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build (AMD Ryzen)
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 08:27:13 PM »
Glad to see the Ryzen Budget Gaming Build! :-)

A newbie question: If I wanted to go with a micro-ATX board, what would you recommend? I was looking at the Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3 AM4  (currently $85 on Amazon US) It only has 2 RAM slots, but does support CrossFire. Not sure if that's the same as CrossFire VX that would allow 2 RX480's or 580's.

Thanks

The Gigabyte GA-AB350M-HD3 appears to be the cheapest board that supports Crossfire (MSI's B350M mATX board does not). That being said, I'd encourage you to step up to at least the Gigabyte Gaming 3 mATX, which offers four RAM slots and three fan headers. The two on the HD3 are simply not sufficient.