Author Topic: The TBG $1,500 High-End Gaming PC Build  (Read 28327 times)

DavinPro

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,500 High-End Gaming PC Build
« Reply #210 on: July 06, 2017, 03:17:20 AM »
Ok. Thanks a bunch for all your help :)

senorpatches

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 07, 2017, 09:52:39 AM »
Hey Sri, I was wondering if I destroy my Intel Optane Memory volume due accidently installing the Windows O.S onto it, but now I have erase everything on ot. If I am still able to use.ot, my next question would.be how would I be able to.accerlate my Seagate hdd, because I've been lost in bios and I have updated.its f6

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 07, 2017, 10:05:31 AM »
You didn't destroy the Optane module, don't worry. But what you want to do is install Windows to your Seagate drive. You'll start using it just like a normal computer with a hard drive, and then you'll enable the Optane cache.

This Intel instructional video will help you get the Optane set up.

Specifically, in the BIOS, you need UEFI enabled, CSM disabled, Intel RST enabled, and M.2 Port Remaping enabled.

Then you need to run Intel's SetupOptane.exe application to setup the caching system.

nzkfc

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2017, 08:32:03 PM »
Why the intel optane in the build by the way? I know it's new tech and supposed to work, but it's still horrible.

why not just take the plunge into an SSD.

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2017, 10:59:07 PM »
Why the intel optane in the build by the way? I know it's new tech and supposed to work, but it's still horrible.

why not just take the plunge into an SSD.

The dramatic increase in GPU prices meant that something big had to give way for this build. But at this point, the Optane has been pulled in favor of a Seagate Hybrid drive.

There's simply no way to build a gaming PC for $1,500 with an SSD right now due to the absence of all video cards between $300 and $500.