Author Topic: The TBG $1,500 High-End Gaming PC Build  (Read 21398 times)

Ahabsmaster

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $1,500 High-End Gaming PC Build
« Reply #165 on: January 11, 2017, 04:05:46 AM »
Ahoy, All!

I am currently travel in South America, but when I return home, Feb 22, I will be building based of this build! As I have been following it and comparing I came up with a recent question and I cannot see if I am missing something.

When it comes to the Patriot 2x8GB Viper Elite DDR4-3000 Red I noticed on Amazon that if you choose the color option as Blue the price drops about $7.00. Am I seeing this right and if so I thought you may want to change this small detail in the build to make it that much cheaper.

Cheers!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 11, 2017, 06:40:17 AM »
Welcome to the forum, Ahabsmaster! You're actually completely right. The Patriot DDR4-3000 Blue model is a better deal right now, in fact red is actually sold out. I'll update the guide shortly. Just as an FYI, red is typically the favored pick due to better matching the color of other components, but the two RAM models are identical otherwise so either will work perfectly.

Ahabsmaster

• View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 11, 2017, 09:25:00 AM »
I am a blue over red guy myself, but I wouldn't have noticed otherwise! I am glad to be following these builds along and cannot wait to see my best options for a month from now when I place my order!