Author Topic: The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build  (Read 13926 times)

Mailmanmo

• View Profile
Re: The TBG $750 Budget Gaming PC Build
« Reply #120 on: December 14, 2016, 04:27:34 AM »
Hello, if I have an i7 6700k (a mate no longer needs) and an r9 270x (a total mismatch i know  :D) can I adapt this build to include both of them?
 Thanks!

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 14, 2016, 07:43:48 AM »
Hello, if I have an i7 6700k (a mate no longer needs) and an r9 270x (a total mismatch i know  :D) can I adapt this build to include both of them?
 Thanks!

Always nice to get a spare high-end CPU!

Both it and the video card will work fine with the build as configured, but you won't have overclocking support for the 6700K, and unless your friend gave you a cpu cooler as well,  you'll need to add one to the build. For the best low cost overclocking motherboard and aftermarket cooler, see the $1,250 Gaming Build.

By the way, TBG recently benched a 270X in an article looking at Battlefield 1 performance. For comparison,  the R9 290 in this article performs identically to the RX 480 4GB recommended for the $750 Budget Gaming Build. That will give you an idea of the improvement in store if you eventually upgrade!

Mailmanmo

• View Profile
« Reply #122 on: December 14, 2016, 11:34:40 AM »
Thanks a mill! Not interested in over clocking at this stage,so the original board might do me.
 Can you recommend a cooler that'll fit in this case?
I will update the GPU at some stage, just nt now as strapped for cash, and looking for quickfix as my current PC is beyond repair :(
Edit: sorry I just followed link, thanks I will get them instead! Thanks a mill!
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:46:18 PM by Mailmanmo »

Ari Altman

• TBG Founder
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 14, 2016, 02:44:46 PM »
Thanks a mill! Not interested in over clocking at this stage,so the original board might do me.
 Can you recommend a cooler that'll fit in this case?
I will update the GPU at some stage, just nt now as strapped for cash, and looking for quickfix as my current PC is beyond repair :(

The Arctic i32 is an amazing cooler for the price. Far superior to the more "popular" Hyper 212 Evo, which I no longer recommend.